Stain Removal Guide
REMOVING CHALK STAINS FROM CARPET
Mix 1/4 cup liquid dish detergent in 1 cup warm water.
Using a whisk or beater, whip the solution until you have created a sudsy foam.
Use only the foam on the carpet.
It may be necessary to increase the amount of detergent to get enough suds to create foam.
HOW TO REMOVE CHALK FROM CARPET:
- First, use your vacuum to remove as many dry particles as possible. For best results, use a vacuum with a beater bar and good suction.
- Prepare the sudsy foam solution above.
- Test the solution on a small, inconspicuous section of carpet. We want to make sure the solution doesn’t cause any discolouration or damage!
- Using only the foam, apply to surface of carpet where stain is.
- Apply the foam to the stained area on the carpet, while making sure not to rub the foam into the carpet. Just apply it gently!
- Leave the cleaning solution on the spill for at least five minutes, so it can work its magic.
- Vacuum the area thoroughly using a wet vacuum.
- Rinse the spot with cold water.
- If the stain is still visible, repeat the process until it is removed, or no longer transfers.
- If the stain persists after using the sudsy foam, contact a professional cleaner.
- Once the stain is removed, layer white paper towels on the site to soak up any extra moisture. Weigh down the towels with a non-staining glass or ceramic object (think like a paperweight), and let them sit overnight.
- When the carpet is dry, vacuum the area to restore the texture.
- Give yourself a big high five. You did it!