Level cut and loop pile
Textured (hard twist) cut pile
Textured (multi-level) loop pile
Level loop pile
Height & Thickness
Want plush? Or sleek? Or something in between? Carpet density is basically a combination of height and thickness. Together they are key factors in your carpet’s look and feel, and they also influence its resilience and durability. Get to know the basics below to decide which options are best for your home and lifestyle.
- Tightly packed fibres resist soil and spills.
- Gives a sleeker, modern look
- Feels comfortable and
- Denser carpet is more durable.
- Looser fibres look more casual.
- Resists damage better than thin carpet
- Good for moderate-traffic areas
- Can provide a cleaner, sleeker look
- Most affordable option
- Good for low-traffic areas
- Longer fibres can feel looser yet comfortable
- Tall pile gives a more casual look
- Crushes more easily than short pile carpets
- Good for bedrooms
- Medium height feels slightly plush
- Holds up to traffic better than tall pile
- Good for bedrooms and living rooms
- Short height is sleeker, feels modern
- Versatile; can look formal or casual
- Best for high-traffic areas
- Good for living rooms, halls, dens