Warranty Information for STAINMASTER® PetProtect® carpet
A professional steam clean (hot water extraction) at least once every 18 months is required to maintain your warranty.
STAINMASTER® PetProtect® carpet features limited warranty protection against:
- Pet Stains. For the life of your carpet, INVISTA (the owner of the STAINMASTER® brand) warrants that the surface pile of your carpet will resist pet stains (caused by domestic cats and dogs) including urine, faeces and vomit that occur during normal residential use.
- All food and drink stains. For the life of your carpet, INVISTA warrants that the surface pile of your carpet will resist food and drink stains that occur during normal residential use.
- Fading. For a period of 25 years, INVISTA warrants that your carpet will not experience a noticeable colour change from exposure to sunlight or atmospheric contaminants (ozone or oxides of nitrogen).
- Abrasive wear. INVISTA warrants that for a period of 15 years, your carpet will not incur fibre loss from abrasive wear more than 10% in any area during normal residential use.
- Dry-soil. For the life of your carpet, INVISTA warrants that it will not experience a noticeable colour change due to deposits of dry-soil as a result of foot traffic from normal, indoor household use.
- Static shock. Lifetime coverage.
To ensure you have complete information on our limited warranties, download a copy of the STAINMASTER® carpet Limited Warranties booklet.
Our limited warranties are subject to important limitations, exclusions (including for commercial, non-owner – occupier or abnormal use) and pre-conditions (including regular professional cleaning obligations) which are explained further in the STAINMASTER® carpet limited warranties booklet that is available for download here. To order hard copies of the booklet call 1800 335 624.
The benefits of our limited warranties are in addition to other rights and remedies you have under the Australian Consumer Law. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.